When Religious Violence Can’t Escape Exemption
A recent case of violence in a small, closed church highlights the role of religious exemptions in the American legal system…
- …The case brings fresh attention to the operations of small, radical churches in the United States, which are often protected by special religious exemption laws. In the September/October issue of Pacific Standard, journalist Julia Scheeres reported on another independent church, the Twelve Tribes, which believes that frequent and hard corporal punishment is good for children’s development.
- FOR FULL ARTICLE FROM PSMAGAZINE CLICK HERE
- FOR UPDATE IN JANUARY 2016 CLICK HERE
- FOR ARTICLE ON TWELVE TRIBES IN SEPTEMBER 2015 CLICK HERE
- For ARTICLE ON WORD OF LIFE CHURCH PARENTS WHO KILEED ONE SON AND INJURED ANOTHER SON IN 2015-ARTICLE JANUARY 2016-CLICK HERE